.

Brno Architecture Manual

 

Building

Back
   

C319

GERMAN PRIMARY SCHOOL 1929 - 1930

 

Jugoslávská 682/126 (Černá Pole) Brno Sever

Public transport: Venhudova (TRAM 5)

Provazníkova (BUS 25,26,38,39,46)

Lesnická (TRAM 9, 11)

GPS: 49°12'43.148"N, 16°37'22.88"E

 

Architects

Audio Recording

Download MP3
Download the Latest Version of Flash

Type of object

Fotogalerie

Text

The German Primary School in Jugoslávská Street was built in a period that witnessed the culmination of attempts to reform school facilities and theoretical considerations for relevant hygiene standards and layout innovations. The architects were Mojmír Kyselka and Bohuslav Fuchs, who succeeded in translating the theory into practice.
The building consists of an asymmetric layout of the cubic volumes of the gym and the section with classrooms. The twin-tract disposition allows all classrooms to face south-east and sunlight to come into the classrooms through special shifting windows (which have been replaced) all morning long. The interior furnishings also featured grille lockers in the broad and light corridors facing north-east and looking out on the sports grounds and outdoor swimming pool.

Literature

 

 

Rozšířené vyhledávání